Guest Book
In The Life Of Kitty

Traffic Counter

In The Life Of Kitty

I got Kitty in May of 1986, my mom brought her home from the local animal shelter after the rabbits that I had passed away. Lo and behold kitty was the same color as my rabbits. The first day she was there as soon as she got in the house she went after the birdcage and knocked it down, the bird went flying.
Kitty was always by my side she took to me more than she did anyone else. She was there for me when I was upset, nudging me and purring, and she would always make me feel better.
We kept her inside so nothing bad would happen to her but she would get out every once and a while and go under the deck and I would have to climb under after her. Sometimes she would think the sliding glass door was open and run to the door and find out it wasn't open only after she smacked into the door.
Around 1994 my parents sold the house,but the house we were moving into wasn't ready. We had to stay in a hotel for about a month, and every night just as we were going to sleep she would nudge at the curtain and the street light would shine right on the beds and wake us up. She was always a picky eater if you gave her the same food too many times in a row she wouldn't eat it and she never drank water, she had to have her milk. She also loved chocolate coated donuts, chicken, spaghetti, pork, roast beef, chicken in a bisket crackers, easy cheese, regular cheese and so much more. Around April of this year her health started deteriorating. She was getting bloated had diarreha all the time and was wheezing very bad. My mom and I took her to the vet he took x-rays of her and bloodwork from her. The prognosis wasn't good. She had fluid on her lungs and heart, her kidneys were failing, her heart,liver and kidneys were enlarged. I stood in the examination room as he was going over the details with us and I just lost it. The thought of my baby having all the problems just tore me apart. I knew it wouldn't be long before I would lose her. He put her on Lasik, and aminophylline and that helped get rid of the diarreha and she stopped wheezing. She started drinking alot of water because of the pills. We took her in every 3 months to check her blood levels and in September he put her on Tumil K because her potassium was low. I was also told that now her sugar levels were high and she has diabetes. We didn't take her in for treatment afraid that she would die while in the hospital since she was so attached to me and has never been apart from me in another setting I didn't want her to die alone. The next 2 months she was getting weaker and weaker. She stopped cleaning herself. In the middle of November she was getting out of breath before she could make it to her food bowls and she started peeing on the floor because she would get tired before making it to the litter box. On November 27th I told my fiance to feed her a full can because I was going Christmas shopping and I wouldn't get home till later that day and I didn't want her to run out of food before I got home. I got home around 5:30 that night and she didn't eat anything all day, no can food ,milk or hard food. I knew that wasn't good so I called the vet. They told me to bring her in right away. They said they could keep her and put her on fluids and see if that perks her up but I knew if she didn't make it over night while there I would regret it. In my heart I knew I couldn't stand to see her suffer any more. The hardest decision I had to make that night was to let her go. I stayed with her through the whole procedure, never left her side. As the drugs were administered she put her head down in my hand took one last smell and she was gone. I had her creamated and will get a box with her picture on it. Kitty baby mommy will never forget you. I love you with all my heart. Those were the best 16 years of my life and you will not and cannot ever be replaced. I love and miss you dearly.

Home     |    Guest Book     |    In The Life Of Kitty     |    Links     |    Photos

All material herein © '2002 "My Beloved Kitty".